Thursday, September 23, 2010

15 Things I’ve Learned in Five Years by Entropy

We’re about a month shy of my five-year anniversary with this PUA stuff. But I’m posting this anyway (reason will be clear soon). Here are 15 things that I’ve learned in that time. These are purposely left a little open-ended, so feel free to discuss.

1. Men find and join the PUA community to get validation from women. They stay in it to get validation from other men.

2. Guys who are trying to bang 100 girls usually need to get a girlfriend. Guys who are trying to get a girlfriend usually need to bang 100 girls.

3. The single biggest factor stopping you (and me) from improving is an inability to overcome our fears and anxieties. Whether it be the fear of rejection, fear of success, fear of change, fear of failure, fear of intimacy, fear of sexuality — if you removed all fear, all of our sticking points would either vanish, or work themselves out almost immediately.

4. The only rule is calibration, the rest is a recommendation.

5. An attractive and abundant lifestyle will trump the best game in the world, ten times out of ten. It’s also a far more enjoyable way of meeting women and making friends than cold approach.

6. Always assume she’s feeling the same way as you. If you feel awkward and annoyed, then she probably does too. If you’re falling head over heels for her, she probably is too.

7. You’re never as bad with women as you think you are. You’re also never as good with women as you think you are. In fact, you have far less control in the matter than you think. Get over yourself.

8. Sex gets 90% of our attention, but 90% of game comes down to handling emotions — the sex is a side-effect.

9. Most dating advice will tell you that getting good with women is easy but a complicated process to learn. The opposite is true. Improving with women is actually very easy to learn, but hard to actually go out and do.

10. Having a healthy and happy long-term relationship will teach you as much about women as 5,000 cold approaches and 100 lays.

11. When in doubt, always err on the side of being more aggressive.

12. Two qualities show me how good a guy is with women: how much he thinks he controls the seduction process and how well he handles rejection. The more a guy recognizes how much he doesn’t control, the better he is. The more a guy embraces getting rejected, the better he is. It’s the guys who claim to know everything and who claim to never get rejected that are clueless. Beware of them.

13. Things that are vastly overrated, if not completely useless: preventing flakes, openers, AMOG’ing and Boyfriend destroyers, state control, social proof, value.

14. Things that are vastly underrated if not completely ignored: non-verbal communication, listening well, empathizing and relating, being passionate about something, emotional connections, social circles, movement.

15. Looking back, here are the only major things the community taught me that I think my own experience didn’t or couldn’t have: the importance of dominance and expressing my sexuality (thanks David Deida, Robert Glover and Hypnotica), that it’s OK to hit on girls and want to fuck them (thanks Mystery and Style), and that our logical mind will usually rationalize whatever our emotions already feel (thanks David D). The rest of community material, by and large, I’ve found to either be a corollary to one of the above, or completely trivial or useless.

The vast majority of what I learned, I learned through my own experiences (mostly my failures), discussions with wings/friends, and by simply being aware and observing other people and naturals. And of course, my real teachers were the thousands of women I’ve interacted with over the last five years. From the ones who loved me to the ones who blew me out, thank you.

Edit: I forgot to mention, using humor to make fun of girls rather than myself or other things was probably the single biggest turning point for me as a newbie. Credit DavidD for that one as well. It’s been so long, I can hardly remember what was a big deal to me back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment