Sunday, February 14, 2010

Perfect Sexual Framing by BB

Perfect Sexual Framing...

by

Big business LS instructor


On our last bootcamp together Future and I talked a bit about some of the drawbacks of learning game, and one of them is that you can never really turn it off, especially while you are watching a movie or TV show. Every character gets critiqued and every interaction gets corrected. Romance gets thrown through the game lens and rarely passes the BS test. It becomes clear to you in every romantic comedy or teen drama how fictional each interaction really is, and how popular media has helped to skew our perception of what it is that attracts the opposite sex.

Bottom line: most dating/pick up/seduction/attraction material that you find in movies or television is complete bullshit. With a few notable exceptions, they are all simply wish fulfillment on the part of the writers.

Now, I just saw the movie "Youth in Revolt" starring Michael Cera and liked it a lot. I had a few problems with it (I'm a huge film snob) but overall I give it a hearty thumbs up. There was one scene, though, that was notable and made me laugh out loud NOT because it was particularly funny or ridiculous, but because it was so spot on.

I'll spare you the details of the scene, and hit you with a few sample pieces of dialog... (I'm paraphrasing, so forgive me)


Quote:
Why don't you pull down the covers and show me what you've got going on down there?

Quote:
I want to put my head between your legs and wear you like a crown.

and my personal favorite...


Quote:
I want to take off your clothes and tickle your bellybutton...from the inside.

These lines are gangster. They are the final stage of sexual framing: talking about what want to do and are planning to do to someone. They are visual. They are evocative. They are dominant.

They are sexy.

(To be clear, I am NOT recommending that you use these lines at the beginning of your interactions with women. As I mentioned...these are the FINAL stage of sexual framing, not to mention that this movie has been seen by millions, so the exact lines' effectiveness is surely going to be soured.)

Let's take a look at some of the things our hero is accomplishing above.


Quote:
Why don't you pull down the covers and show me what you've got going on down there?

Here we start leading the sexual vibe. He lets her know his intentions as well as his position in this interaction: the leader. He issues the commands, all while adopting a playful vibe (one of the tools I strongly encourage is using humor when starting your sexual framing. It softens your initial sexual advances, bookends the ideas in positive emotions, and a host of other awesome sub communications. It is the reason why I credit humor with all of my early same night lays).


Quote:
I want to put my head between your legs and wear you like a crown.

If a woman said something like this to you what would go through your mind? You'd imagine her down there doing wonderful things to your privates. Well, women do the same thing, gentlemen. By using visual imagery like this you are letting their imaginations do some of the foreplay for you, and in their mind you know exactly where and how to touch them.

I read an awesome article in the NY Times a year ago which made some incredibly astute observations about women's sexuality, and one of them that stuck with me was that a good portion of women's sexuality is about BEING desired; knowing that they are INSPIRING an uncontrollable desire in men. To that end, when your statements are about what women MAKE you WANT to do to them (as above) it can be incredibly effective.

And lastly...my favorite...


Quote:
I want to take off your clothes and tickle your bellybutton...from the inside.

Here we have one statement that accomplishes everything already mentioned and more. Dominant, visual, and it is a "want" statement (as above). It is doing one other awesome thing, though; something I talk at length on in my humor seminar...

It sets up an expectation then subverts it. When you hear "tickle your bellybutton" what do you think of? Something cute and innocent, no doubt. When he adds the button of "from the inside" at the end it changes the entire tone of the sentence. It suddenly becomes dirty, funny, spontaneous, and last but certainly not least it becomes unique. It takes the listener of an emotional ride from fuzzy bunnies to x rated.

My hat is off to you, writers of this scene. Finally, someone got it right.
Who wants to change their abilities with women and dating FOREVER?



"His game is built on comedy...and let me tell you- the dude is funny. Funny and QUICK man...Great insight on improvising routines and very clever SUPER EASY to implement techniques for deflecting shit tests and ensuring you never run out of things to say in set. At this point I'd gotten my moneys worth."

No comments:

Post a Comment